STATUS MiniVac – Quick Start Guide
PREHEATING THE MACHINE:
In cold conditions we recommend running the seal function once before processing the first bag, this ensures integrity of the first seal.
MAKE A BAG FROM A ROLL:
- Place the end of the roll over the seal bar (the black sealing strip in the very front of the machine). You can place the film up to and touching the soft neoprene chamber seal but do not go onto it or over it
- Close the lid and press the seal button (back button)
- Push down on the lid firmly half way between the press and hold symbols and the STATUS name
- The seal button will illuminate to indicate the seal is active
- Once the seal light goes out press the lid release button (located on the front right hand side of the body of the machine)
The vacuum film can be cut to length either before this operation or while it is in progress.
VACUUM SEAL A BAG:
- Place the item into the bag
- Place the open end of the bag inside the vacuum chamber (the soft black neoprene seal)
- Close the lid and press the vacuum/seal button (front button)
- Push down on the lid firmly until the bag starts to squeeze down on the contents. If you release the lid too early the vacuum process will stop
- Once the vacuum process is complete the seal light (back button) will come on. Do not open the lid until the seal light goes out
- Press the lid release button
MANUAL SEAL FOR SOFT FOODS:
To prevent crushing of soft foods the machine can be operated manually.
- Once the vacuum process has started (see above instructions) wait until the desired vacuum pressure is reached
- Then press the seal button (back button) while pushing firmly down on the lid to maintain pressure on the seal area. The pump will stop and the seal will activate
- When the seal light goes out press the lid release button
Inspect the seal. If the seal does not show as a constant clear line, place another seal across the top of the bag in the manner described for making the bag.
1: When vacuum sealing anything with a liquid content, place the bag in a freezer for a short time to semi freeze the liquid. The bag can now be vacuum sealed without risk of sucking liquid into the seal area.
2: The vacuum seal process can be stopped at any time by pressing the vacuum/seal button for a second time.
1: The machine does not automatically switch from vacuum to seal:
There is an air leak in the bag. Check the first seal, or there is a crease in the film where it enters the vacuum chamber, usually caused by over filling the bag.
2: The vacuum sealed bag does not maintain its vacuum:
Usually caused by food or liquid contamination in the seal area. Inspect the seal after the vacuum sealing. If there is evidence of contamination place another seal across the top of the bag. Also inspect both top and bottom seals. They should show as a constant clear line across the full width of the bag.