A Harvest Right home pro freeze dryer will keep your food better than dehydrating, freezing, bottling and canning food. Food retains 97% of its nutrients, it does not shrink, change colour, or taste different. It is very easy to re hydrate in minutes and has a long keeping time. Now you can freeze dry your food at home easily!
Introducing the new Harvest Right PRO Freeze Dryer Models
At the beginning of August 2023 Harvest Right have upgraded their freeze dryer models. They are now called the Home “PRO” freeze dryers.
The upgrades included the introduction of the XL freeze dryer, an extra tray in each model, a quieter machine and pump, upgraded condenser and solid state relays giving faster processing time, upgraded electronics and new door material.
Why Freeze Dry Food
- Save food wastage
- Buy in bulk
- Retain food nutrients, taste and texture
- Preserve food perfectly for up to 25 years
- All food can be freeze dried
- Accommodate special diets
- Camping, hiking and hunting meals
- Eat healthier and avoid processed foods or preservatives
- Be prepared for when food is unavailable or not in season
- Save money on rising food costs
- Pre Prepare meals and save left overs
- Save freezer storage space
- Create long term food storage
- Pet food
Benefits of Freeze Drying Food
Freeze dried food is preserved at a low temperature (freezing to -40 F) causing no damage to the nutrition of the food. Bottling, canning and dehydrating use higher temperatures that can destroy up to 50% of food value loosing flavour, colour and texture . Freeze drying does not change the nutrition, flavour, colour, shape, or aroma and does not cause shrinking or toughen the food. Some commercially freeze dried foods may contain preservatives and can be expensive to buy.
Freeze dried foods can be re hydrated quickly just by adding water and taste and look the same as when it was fresh!
Less Food Waste Saving You Money
The total amount of food wasted in New Zealand is not really known. It is estimated that approximately 12% or over $1 billion of household food purchased is wasted each year and the cost of food is steadily rising. Then there is the food wasted from the vegetable garden, fruit trees that are all ripe at the same time and foods not eaten fast enough before they go off! With a freeze dryer you can easily preserve foods that are normally thrown away.
100 + Foods Can Be Freeze Dried
Fruit, vegetables, whole meals, herbs, meats, eggs, dairy, snacks, desserts, pet food can all easily be freeze dried. In fact any food can be freeze dried. Fresh or cooked food can be freeze dried in the quantities that suit you and your needs for storage.
Buy your food when on special, from your local market or if you have a special diet you can control what is in your food! Preserve your left overs, vegetables and fruits, or make whole meals and freeze dry. You can even make food for your pets.
What Can be Freeze Dried
Long Term Keeping Time of Freeze Dried Food
When properly packaged freeze dried food can be kept for up to 25 years using moisture and oxygen proof packaging like Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers. No refrigeration is needed. You can store your freeze dried food in glass jars/containers for short term use and vacuum seal for medium/longer use too.
How Does A Freeze Dryer Work?
- Fresh or cooked food is put into the freeze dryer on a tray and frozen to -40 F or colder. This is called lyophilization.
- Once frozen the food is vacuumed and the moisture in the food evaporates and changes from solid to gas without going through the liquid state. The water vapour is discarded.
- Freeze drying can take approximately 24 to 36 hours.
- When completely freeze dried package the food. Put into moisture and oxygen proof packaging like Mylar Bags using Oxygen Absorbers for long term keeping of up to 25 years. Place in glass jars and containers for short term immediate use and also vacuum seal for medium term storage.
- When ready to eat add water to the food to regain its original freshness, nutrition and appearance.
Harvest Right Freeze Dryers Are Easy To Use And Maintain
Harvest Right freeze dryers are small enough to fit on a bench or counter top, or put on a trolley and have the ability to preserve large quantities of food.
Connect the vacuum pump plug into the freeze dryer will dry the food without any human input. It senses the moisture in the food and will automatically dry it. It takes about a day to freeze dry a batch of food and it can be a combination of different foods at the same time.
HARVEST RIGHT BLACK MEDIUM FREEZE DRYER MACHINE FEATURES:
- High quality USA designed freeze dryer
- Black machine with 5 stainless steel trays
- Holds about 10 to 15 lbs / 4.53 to 6.80 kilograms of fresh food per batch
- Produces about 2 to 3.5 gallons / 7.57 – 13.24 litres of freeze dried food
- Easy to use just press start
- Freeze dryer beeps when finished
- Takes approximately 24 to 36 hours per batch depending on food type
- tray dimensions .75″/1.9cm high x 7.5″/19.05cm wide x 18″/45.72cm deep
- tray space 675 sq inches / 4354.83 cm2
- Maintenance: simply filter and replace oil takes one or two minutes
- 230 volt power
- Can sit on counter top, trolley or table
- 76.2cm high x 50.8cms wide x 63.5cm deep
- Freeze dryer weight 53.98kgs
- Detachable premier industrial vacuum pump weighs 14.51kgs
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
INCLUDES: Medium Freeze Dryer, Premier Vacuum Pump, Vacuum Pump Oil, Oil Filter, Stainless Steel Trays (set of 5), Guide to Freeze Drying, Mylar Bags (50 ct), Oxygen Absorbers (50 ct), Impulse Sealer, Owners Manual, Power Cords
Harvest Right Medium Freeze Dryer Power:
240-volt outlet fitted with a New Zealand compatible plug (standard NZ plug) .
At peak, the freeze dryer draws about 7.5 amps, but on the average about 4.5 to 5.5 amps. A 10 amp dedicated circuit is highly recommended.
Pre orders essential. We are accepting orders for our next shipment now. Please enquire for more details.
Here is an overview of our Freeze Dryers page.